Centro Ascolto Uomini Maltrattanti (CAM), Italy, an association established in November 2009 in Florence, Italy. It is the first Center to be born at a national level for men who engage in violence in intimate relationships. The Center was born from the work experiences of anti-violence centers, it was in fact promoted, in the initial phase, by the Artemisia women support services in Florence.
The Mission is the promotion, contrast, intervention and prevention on issues of violence against women and minors through the implementation of change programs aimed at men who act violently in emotional relationships.
Works on several fronts:
1. Support activities for male perpetrators of violence. From the data collected, in 10 years of activity, more than 900 calls have been received from men who have committed violence in relationships. The course includes an initial telephone reception, individual interviews for the detection of violence and the motivation to participate in the course, psychoeducational and therapeutic groups. Prison work is also carried out. In addition, the (ex-) partner is contacted for risk assessment of violence and referral to the women support services.
2. Awareness raising activities: through the organization and participation in conferences and seminars, and through awareness-raising initiatives in schools and universities, in cooperatives, with migrants / refugees.
3. Training and scientific dissemination: since 2012, the Center offers periodic training opportunities in the national and international territory. It is the Italian focus for the IMPACT Protocol, for evaluating the effectiveness of the treatment.
Centro Ascolto Uomini Maltrattanti (CAM), Italy,
Via Enrico Il Navigatore 17 50127 Florence, Italy
Facebook: Centro Ascolto Uomini Maltrattanti Firenze
- Dr. Alessandra Pauncz- Psychologist and President, founding member of CAM. President of RELIVE (Italian) and Executive Director of the European network WWP-EN (Work With Perpetrators). She carried out the psycho-educational group of which she is co-author and the path group with CAM users. He deals with the design, risk assessment of recidivism, coordination and representation of the CAM. She is the author of numerous texts and publications on the subject. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Letizia Baroncelli- Psychologist and Member of the CAM Board, deals with the contacts of the partners with the men who are responsible for the project, with the planning, training and awareness-raising and prevention activities with minors and all citizens. She is the contact person for evaluating the effectiveness of the authors' programs of the IMPACT Protocol. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Silvia Amazzoni- Psychologist and member of the CAM Board, deals with psychoeducational groups with men perpetrators of violence, awareness and prevention activities and European planning.
- Dr. Stella Cutini, Psychologist-Psychotherapist, member of the CAM board and coordinator of two territorial branches. Lead psychoeducational and therapeutic groups. He deals with the design and assessment of the risk of recidivism. Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Rossano Bisciglia- Psychologist-Psychotherapist and founding member of CAM. Carries out first evaluation interviews and psycho-educational group leader with CAM users. It deals with awareness raising activities on the issue of male violence against women and bullying in schools.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Mario De Maglie- Psychologist-Psychotherapist, Founding Partner and Clinical Coordinator of the CAM. He conducts the first evaluation interviews, the therapy group. He deals with the work in prison (interviews and groups). He is the author of texts and publications on the subject. Email: email@example.com